Sunday, July 1, 2012

Praying in the Morning

Ever since I became a Christian, in my 20s, I have prayed in the morning. I am a morning person and it seemed natural to me to begin my day with prayer. As I drew back the curtains I would say "This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." It was some years later that I found out it was both a song and a Psalm. Then I would sit and have a short time of prayer - a huge and challenging learning experience for me. But, with God's help I persevered - though the fight to resist disractions seems to be never ending. Later I found this Psalm: Lord, I call to you for help: every morning I pray to you." It seemed to express exactly what I felt. I need to ask for help and to think about and praise God. What better way for me to start the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment