Monday, July 23, 2012

Celebrating Sundays

I love Sundays. I definitely see it as a day of celebration and rest. I spend most of Saturday preparing for Sunday so that I can have a complete rest (Thank you Lord for giving us a day of rest. Please help us rest!) When our children were young it was hard to have a day of rest, but we tried. My husband who comes from a more Protestant background has never quite grasped the Catholic Sunday. We go to Mass first and on the way home I may suggest having an icecream together (the only day I allow myself icecream) and he asks "Do you think we should eat icecream on a Sunday?" or I may suggest watching a favourite dvd and get the same response. I reply cheerfully "Away with your Puritan notions. We Catholics celebrate the Resurrection on Sundays. It is a day of rest and rejoicing!" Another taste of heaven perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment