Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Fasting.for Priests

I try to make every day of the week spiritually different but Fridays are extra special. My mission at present is prayer and especially to pray for priests. On Fridays I 'fast' for priests. It's not a complete fast, as fasting is not advisable for older people, but I do a kind of semi-fast. I don't eat meat on Fridays, with a nod to tradition, and I don't eat anything sweet (despite my very sweet tooth). I have a normal breakfast and my other two meals are light such as soup, cheese on toast, something like that. I don't have fish on Fridays because fish, for me, is a very expensive treat! Strangely enough, although I find the semi-fast a bit of a struggle - especially the lack of sugar - I love Fridays and I love fasting for priests. They need our prayers and sacrifices particularly at the moment as they are so much under attack. and here in New Zealand they are getting fewer and fewer. Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, grant your Church many and holy priests. Mary, Mother of us all, Pray for Priests.

No comments:

Post a Comment