Monday, June 18, 2012

When joy goes.

For the past week or so I have not been well and it's been surprisingly hard to 'sing for joy'. Although the illness was not in any way painful or life-threatening I was astonished at how little I wanted to pray, in fact for a couple of days I didn't pray apart for a few "arrow' prayers. The joy, that is always somewhere deep in my heart even when I'm sad or worried, seemed to have just gone. Yet as I've begun to recover and get back my joy and prayer rhythm I thank God for that temporary emptiness. When I thought I was walking alone with empty hands and heart, I know it was His strong hand holding mine that kept me safe on the path so I could pick up again where I left off. In a strange way it was a very precious time. Thank you Beloved Lord.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to have read this, this morning, as it describes how I feel exactly, at this moment.

    ReplyDelete