Friday, June 8, 2012

For Our Mother.

Whan I was a little girl (centuries ago!) I had a beloved book called 'Mary was five.' Mary was a little girl, only a little younger than me, and every day she would go into the garden and pick a small bouquet of flowers to put in a special vase her mother kept by her chair. I really longed to do the same for MY Mother but I was living in the back streets of an industrial town at the time and there were NO flowers to be picked. We only had tiny gardens and most of ours was taken up with an airaid shelter. And as food was very scarce, any spare inches of soil left was devoted to a straggle of vegetables. How I envied Mary. On my window sill over my sink I now have a small statue of our Blessed Mother and every morning I go into the garden and choose one tiny flower to put in a minute vase I have by the statue. Like Mary, every morning I pick a flower for my Mother. A longing fulfilled.

3 comments:

  1. Anna, I just want to let you know that your writings are touching my heart. God bless you from Nancy Anna in the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy Anna, thank you so much for your comment. I'm always surprised that anyone reads my humble little blog! I love your amazing blogs very much now I've found them and I know they'll be a joy and inspiration to me. God bless and guide you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank YOU so much... I felt an immediate kinship as soon as I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete