Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chasing Rainbows.

Two of my adult grandchildren are off to see 'the world' in a way that Kiwi kids seem to need to do (we are such a small country). My granddaugher asked me if I had never felt the need to travel and see strange and exotic places like India or Africa. Well, I had moved from England to New Zealand which was a particularly long and exotic move but no, I explained how feel no urge to travel and that I actually enjoy ordinary, mundane life. She thought that was strange, she has spent several months in China, teaching English and loved the different culture, and was keen to experience many more.
I find it hard to explain how the wonder of ordinary everyday living leaves me feeling happy and fulfilled, especially when one is serving Almighty God to the best of one's ability.
I also didn't say that I was married with 2 children at her age, and that the joy and awe of giving birth, and raising my children was far more challenging and infinitely more rewarding than looking at how and where other people live.
I wish them well in their travels but in my heart of hearts I think they are searching for rainbows, and the rainbow is probably nearer than they know!

No comments:

Post a Comment