Saturday, April 30, 2011

Royal Wedding 2

Wasn't the wedding beautiful? I loved it so much, such a note of happiness, beauty and romance in a world that seems deluged with disasters. We had a lovely time at my daughter's with lots of English food on china plates. We all wore our coronets and at the "I now pronounce you man and wife" Alex opened a bottle of champagne. We even had a knowledgeable friend who could tell us who everyone was.

Lovely traditional service too, it emphasised that wedding was a holy contract, ordained by God. I prayed for the lovely young couple. May their marriage last.

And why does the church of England have all the good hymns, and why do their clergymen speak so beautifully? And why is their liturgy so mind blowingly gorgeous? Just for a moment I was jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment