Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Learning Latin

I'm learning Latin! Why do I do that at my great age? Well 2 reasons. First of all I've ALWAYS wanted to learn Latin, ever since I was 11 and studied it for a year. I've made a few stabs at it over the years but have always been too busy, or too tired.

At the beginning of this year I was thinking of New Year's resolutions and I had this strange insight into myself. I've always wanted to be artistic and creative...I've always envied people who can make quilts, or decorate their houses beautifully, or have beautiful gardens etc etc. But I'm NOT creative OR artistic and I realised that I should celebrate the gifts God gave ME...but...what could they be? Then I knew that what I really love and am quite good at is ... studying.

So my resolution for this year is...Learn Latin. So that's why I am doing it and I adore it. But it's hard work, I often spend 2 hours a day on it. But I'm happy. Thank you Holy Spirit for opening my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment