Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Blessed Homecoming

Today I had some sad and unexpected news. One of my oldest friends is dying. She lives in my former hometown and we've been friends for about 30 years. Almost a year ago we had lunch together to celebrate her 79th birthday. It was a wonderful time, we had lovely food and laughed and talked throughout the meal. It was to become a precious memory for me as about a week later she had a devastating stroke. She was left a crippled shell of her former self and after a fall and another stroke she's dying. To me and to all her friends and family it is very sad news. We all hoped she would recover eventually and come back to us. For Sheila it is good news. She is being blessed, she is going HOME. She was a devoted Christian who has had a difficult life but soon it will all be behind her, and she will be in the arms of her Saviour, her beloved, Jesus.

Blessed Homecoming. But I'll miss you Sheila.

No comments:

Post a Comment