Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Missing Anna

I have been thinking that perhaps I should change the name of this blog. I called it "Anna's Song" because even as a child I loved the story of Anna who spent her time in praying in the church. I very much wanted to be like Anna and when I started this blog I was in the habit of praying daily in the church. Even if for some reason I couldn't be present at Mass I always paid a visit to pray in God's house. But things have changed. I cannot at the present time drive and as we don't live withing walking distance of a church I have to rely on Alex to drive me. He's very good at ferrying me around but I can't ask him to take me to church and pick me again up 6 days a week. We both go to Mass on Sundays of course even though Alex isn't a Catholic. So I've narrowed it down to the holy hour on Tuesdays and I try to go on one other weekday but I SO miss my daily visits. But hopefully I will be able to drive again soon and then I'll say with the psalm "I rejoiced when they said to me, let's go to God's house..."

No comments:

Post a Comment