Monday, August 20, 2012

Mary's role.

During this month of Mary as I pray the rosary I love to meditate on The blessed Mother's role in Jesus' life. Today I was saying the luminous mysteries and apart from the Marriage Feast it is harder to bring her in than in the other mysteries. But I imagine. I'm mediating on the Baptism of The Lord by John the Baptist. We don't know that Mary was there so I imagine a neighbour rushing in and telling her the news and Mary nodding slowly: she knew it was going to happen but she didn't know when. "So" I can see her saying quietly to herself "It begins." She must have known it would lead to suffering for Him ...and her. She must have prayed for Him and for those who would follow Him. "Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us..."

No comments:

Post a Comment