Thursday, November 10, 2011

An inspiration.

My sister was telling me about her husband (they live on the other side of the world) and how amazingly fit he is.

He is an epelectic and although it is kept well under control he is not allowed to drive. One day last week he spent a couple of hours smashing a concrete path in the garden which he intends to replace, then he walked 1/2 an hour into town, did some shopping then walked back. He then changed clothes and walked to his allotment and gardened for 3 hours. After that he walked home and cooked dinner!

It would not be too surprising if he was a young man, but he was in my class at school, he's a year older than me!

I asked my sister how he managed to do so much and she said: it's because he always keeps busy, but he is never rushed, never worried. He just does the tasks he's set himself calmly and steadily. He's peaceful.

I've taken that as my guide, as I am so often rushed and tired. I'm going to keep busy but refuse to rush or get stressed. I pray I'll be able to calm down but accomplish more.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment