Saturday, November 19, 2011

Milestone

Yesterday I was 75!!! Look, I've even started bosting about my age; that's a bad sign of senility!

I had the most amazing day. It began with tea and toast in bed, then opening the wonderful cards and presents. Alex's card made me cry, and his presents were exactly right for me. Then the phone began to ring and I was fielding calls for most of the morning and part of the afternoon. I felt so blessed.

In the evening Alex and I met with our 2 daughters and their families at a wonderful Indian restaurant. More cards and lots more presents and lots of hugs and kisses. After we'd eaten as much as we could of the delicious Indian food, the waitress bought in a huge chocolate birthday cake alight with candles, and my family (and some of the other patrons) sang "Happy Birthday". I was quite overcome.

It was a wonderful day, I felt so blessed and loved. Thank you dear Lord for my precious family.

No comments:

Post a Comment