Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Getting Older

It's strange getting older. When we're young we know for sure we're going to stay that way: I didn't believe that the world could possibly continue if I died. As I got into middle age I realised that actually the world would jog along pretty well without my vital presence... but only after it had recovered from the shock of my death (which was never REALLY really going to happen anyway).

Then one day you look in the mirror and realise...I am old! I think the main feeling among old people is astonishment! "What happened?" By then you realise your death will barely cause a hiccup to the world - apart from those who love you and they, though sad, will cope.

But after that... to meet Him who created and died for us. What joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment