Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

I guess everyone remembera what they were doing when they heard about the planes flying into the twin towers. I had just got up when my husband (still in bed) called and said that he'd just heard on the radio that a plane had flown into a building in NY. I laughed and said it must be spoof or something. My attitude changed when I switched on the tv and saw the awful picture of the smoking tower block. Then horror upon horror I saw another plane fly into it. I literally screamed and tears began to flow down my cheeks. It was so clear it was a deliberate act. I said dramatically "No one on earth is safe now!" We knew straight away that although it was an American plane it was not being flown by an American; no American pilot, no matter what complulsion he was under, would have have flown that plane into the towers.

I sat all day watching it, sobbing and praying. It seemed like the end of civilisation as we know it. Will we ever recover?

No comments:

Post a Comment