Saturday, May 19, 2012

Getting Old

Most of us dread getting old, I know I did. On my 50th birthday I cried all day. My workmates had planned a wonderful celebration for me, I received flowers, gifts and a huge party from my wonderful children...but I just cried and cried because I thought I getting old. But now I am old and I wonder with amusement and a little shame, why I cried. OK there are lots of irritating health issues. I told my doctor recently that I felt like an old car that keeps having to be patched up when really what the owner needs is a NEW car. He laughed at me. But old age brings lots of blessings: maturity, peace, the appreciation of the beauty in our lives, the love of grandchildren, tolerance and ...perhaps most of all, time. And one day, fairly soon, this old body WILL be replaced with a glorious new one(I hope and pray)! Won't it be wonderful to see Him "Face to face"? Yes, getting old is pretty cool.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to read this..I will be 50 in September!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, enjoy your 50s. It's a wonderful decade!

    ReplyDelete