Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Making choices with the Holy Spirit.

We have decided to recarpet our house. This has been our long term dream as our present carpet is rather badly worn. We've put off getting a new one as my dear husband and myself both have strong opinions but also very differing tastes. He likes old and cluttered and I like modern and simple - with plenty of books! He likes to collect old things: china, books, rugs and clocks (we have 2 grandfather clocks in our small house). So choosing things together can lead to strong disagreements but we laid down some guide rules before we left. I like to make quick decisions - he likes to look at everything available before he slowly makes a decision. My way frustrates him (what have we missed?) and his way exhausts and confuses me.

So we decided to only go to a couple of shops. To choose a FEW that we both like, bring them home (my way)and make a decision over a couple of days (his way). That is what we did and we are trying the samples in different lights. It is all so easy! Thank you Holy Spirit for guding us!

No comments:

Post a Comment