Thursday, January 12, 2012

Little and Hidden.

I like the thought of being little and hidden probably because I am small in stature and hate the limelight. I think of an old French woman, poor and obscure, dressed in black, humble and faihfully going to Mass daily and constantly praying her rosary. Although in Rome the Borgias are in full swing and decadence, immorality and indifference reigns she neither knows or cares about them. I'm not by any means suggesting that the Vatican and our beloved Pope Benedict are like the Borgias rather I feel that the church has been taken over by strident voices, liberal and traditional, each yelling that THEIRS is the true way while Catholics slip away and congregations diminish daily.

I don't want to read, or listen, to any more insults, or arguments bordering on hate, I want to be quietly faithful to the age-old church like my little French woman, to stop criticising and analysing, and to think only of growing in love and faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment